Staying connected with the family
With the nation required to stay at home during the COVID-19 Pandemic, it’s going to be really important to stay connected with friends and family. Not only is keeping in touch going to be crucial for mental health, it’s also going to provide a supportive network throughout this emotional and uncertain period of time.
But how are you going to keep in touch with friends and family especially when you can’t visit each other? Thanks to technology, there’s now a whole variety of tools that can be used by the whole family (even Grandma) that can keep connections strong.
Here’s our top five tools for staying in touch:
- Zoom: Being a video conferencing tool, Zoom provides a great platform for you and a whole bunch of friends to meet virtually. Whether you’d like to video chat, message or simply voicecall online, this is your tool!
- Apple FaceTime: Apple iPhones are excellent for mobile video calls. Quite simply you can take and make FaceTime calls from anywhere, even the garden and you don’t need any other tools other than your Apple iPhone.
- Facebook: Yes, believe it or not but Facebook actually provides a great platform for checking in with your friends and family not just the regular feeds. From Messenger to Calls, Facebook has a number of features to keep you connected. All you have to do is download the Facebook & Messenger App.
- Phonecalls & Texts: It goes without saying really that calls and texts are an essential part of keeping in touch in this day and age. It’s also a more suitable way to stay connected with your loved ones who may not have a social media account or a laptop for that matter.
- Good ol’ post: Do you remember the last time you received a hand-written letter? Surprise your family by sending them one! This is a perfect activity for little ones and although we know it’s not an instant communication just imagine the smile in their face when opening it!
How will you be staying in touch with your friends and family during this time? Don’t forget to let people know how you would like to stay in touch and build that into your daily routine.
Stay safe, well and connected with your family and if you need any help with technical set ups, give us a call on 01453 700 800.